Lori Kirsch-Goodwin, Esq.
Lori was born in Brooklyn, New York, on December 14, 1962. She attended Syracuse University, graduating with a B.A. in 1984, and then went to law school at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut (now known as Quinnipiac University). There she was a member of Phi Alpha Delta. Lori obtained her Juris Doctorate in 1987. She was admitted to the New Jersey bar that same year and then the New York bar in 1988. She began honing her skills as a plaintiff personal injury litigator at Guerevitch & Goldberg in Pearl River, New York.
Her next position was in Manhattan at the law firm of Royce & Miller where she continued as a plaintiff personal injury litigator. After practicing for several years on the plaintiff side, she accepted a position at a defense firm, across the river from the Big Apple in Clifton, New Jersey. There she spent five years an associate for Klein Chapman Firm as an insurance defense litigator. When presented with an opportunity with a prominent law firm in Newark, New Jersey, Mandel Berezin & Booker, she accepted same and moved back to representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases.
In 1995, after being married to Jeff Goodwin for five years, the couple decided to move to nicer weather and start a family. After much deliberation they chose and moved to Arizona.
Lori was admitted to the Arizona bar in 1995 and has been practicing here ever since. Her first position in Arizona was at Meehan and Associates in Tucson, AZ. There she learned the laws that were specific to the state.
In July of that same year Lori and her husband were blessed with beautiful twin boys. The children were born prematurely and out of that experience Lori co-authored the book, “You Are Not Alone.”
In 1998 Lori was offered an associate position at a well-respected insurance defense firm; Broening, Oberg, Woods & Wilson in Phoenix. She represented various insurance companies and their insureds. After five years, she made partner at the firm.
As her boys grew she learned that one of them had special needs. When they began their public education and special services were needed; this caused Lori to learn about and fight to get the special education her son needed. In 2006, Lori decided to use her new knowledge about special education law to help others. As she expanded her work into that field she discussed her interests with her sister, Hope Kirsch. The two decided to open up their own firm where they could dedicate more time to this area.
In her more than 26 years of practice she gained vast experience in civil litigation. She has tried over 30 cases to verdict. Martindale-Hubbell has rated Lori AV®. She continues to represent insurance companies and their clients, and also advocating and litigating for special needs students.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Special Education Law on behalf of students and families
- Contract Preparation and Negotiation
- 25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1987
- New York, 1988
- Arizona, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- University of Bridgeport School of Law
J.D. - 1987
Honors: Member, Phi Alpha Delta
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
B.A. - 1984
Major: Political Science
- Uninsured/Under Insured Motorists Claims, Essex County, New Jersey
- Law Clerks 1994 Preparation for Depositions by Paralegals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member, 1995 - 2010
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member, 1996 - Present
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1986 - 1995
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 1986 - 1995
- Arizona Consortium for Chronically Ill Children, Board Member, 2009 - Present
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Members, 2009 - Present
- Defense Research Institute, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Charter Member, Deer Valley Rotary Club